CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Butt..uh, Nutcracker...

My brother-in-law, Benj graduated from fire school on Friday! He's almost the real deal! The ceremony was nice... it was special to be able to be there. He received special recognition for his efforts in saving the little boy, Dominic, that was lost at Taledo Bend this summer...that was an emotional moment!So, for the past few months, I've been meeting with some young girls on Thursday nights...we're studying the Gospel and how we are to live in light of Christ's life and work on the cross...so this past Thursday, I was telling them that I wanted to see the Nutcracker because I had never seen a ballet before and I've always wanted to...but I was going to have to go alone since NO ONE wanted to see it with me!! One of the girls (Susan) got really excited and said, "Oh, I'll go with you...I love the Nutcracker!" So, we planned a little date! We were really surprised to see a couple of the other girls (Lindsay and Abigail) when we arrived!! We had such a great time and I LOVED the ballet!!
We also had family friends from Louisiana come for a visit this weekend....it was such a sweet time....We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night, Rachel made the cornbread...
...and Benj ate it! It actually wasn't so bad...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you freaking kidding me!?!?! I told mom that there wasn't enough to put fill that pan, but she MADE me cook it anyway. It's her fault.

Beth said...

Hahahah...I accidentally commented as Tim...Haha!! I was just gonna say..."Hahahahaha"!

OhK-Booth said...

Rach, you can make flat cornbread for me when I am home. I am coming home...about one week!!!

Mary said...

Great picture of the flat cornbread...and my not-so-flat hunky!