CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday...

I woke up on Saturday morning to the most beautiful sound! Well, not the MOST beautiful, but close...the sound of my mother's voice whispering, "Beth, wanna go to an estate sale?"....music to my ears!! Of course I wanted to go!! So, that's what I did Saturday...I found a really neat sewing kit...now, I haven't ever sewn except for a hem or a button here and there so I didn't really get it for practical use...but, it was covered in the most interesting vintage fabric!! And inside were wooden spools...how cool is that?!! (I may be able to include a picture later on!)

So, an estate sale with the rents...after that a few more places, then to IHOP...but, sadly, IHOP was packed like a fat man's bar-b-que pit, so we went to Bamboo Garden instead...not great, but food and fun! Time with my parents is always fun!!

Mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen...that's right, she finally taught me how to make one of our family's favorites...Gumbo!!! It was my first gumbo and pretty dang good, if I don't say so m'self!! It was so fun to learn from mom...she's a great teacher!

1 comments:

John Ryan Seaman said...

1) Though your sewing kit is cool, every home-school girl should know how to utilize it properly. (seriously it would be cool if you could sew.)

2) Stop making fun of fat people's habits and their large smelly pits!

3) umm.. I don't have a tertiary.. lame..